Facts About Nepal
- Nepal is a tiny country in the Asian continent.
- The capital of Nepal is Kathmandu.
- The population of Nepal is around 29 million
- Nepal has world’s biggest mountain called Mt-Everest
- It is bordered by China on it’s north and India on its South,East and West.
- Nepal is the birthplace for the Lord Buddha. Lumbini and a pilgrimage for many devout Buddhists.
- Nepal is a popular and cheap ‘fast food’ is the Momo.
- $440 annual per capital income
- Rank 163 out of 177 countries with a 48.6% literacy rate.
- 90% of population has no access to health care.
- 5 nurse and doctor per 100,000 citizens
- Maternal maternal mortality among highest in the world.
- Life expectancy of 57 years of age
Unique of Nepal
- The Flag
The Nepali flag is the only nation with a non rectangular flag. The two triangles symbolize the Himalaya Mountain and represents the two major religions, Hinduism and Buddhism.
Places to Visit in Nepal
Pokhara is a beautiful place with beautiful lake, waterfalls, Mountain view and Medieval temples era. It’s in central Nepal and it’s known as a gateway to the Annapurna Circuit, a popular trail in the Himalayas. Pokhara is a piece of heaven in the world and Nepal’s number 1 adventure or leisure destination. Pokhara lies 200 Kilometers west of Main city Kathmandu and six hours by bus and 20-25 minutes by plane. This place is an enormous sunlit playground of green hills, lakes, forests, rivers, waterfalls, terraced fields. And also the starting point for trekking and rafting destination.
In this city you can experience the excitement of adventure : Boating, Paragliding , Hiking and simply relax at one of the lakes. Pokahara provide you with its natural beauty with great photo ops.
Things to do in Pokhara
Paragliders come floating down from above. Flying and rowing over the beautiful lake is probably going to be one of the highlights of your travel experience in Nepal. A short hike to sarangkot is highly recommended, with magnificent views of astounding sunset, sunrise and the whole city beneath.
Pokhara is also well-known as a starting point for various trekking trail and expeditions in the Annapurna. Many hikers and trekkers for Annapurna and Ghandruk, respectively, build Pokhara as their first stop and also as relaxing station before they head out for serious walking
Boating and Rafting
If you are a water enthusiast, then Nepal offers you endless white rivers that descend from the highest mountains of the world, along stretches of silver sandy beaches, where adventure seekers can enjoy numerous of water sports and adventures. Lake phewa is one of the great man made lake in Nepal, where you can boating and seeing beautiful views of pokhara.